Sunday, October 26, 2008

Play Flash Jeopardy Online (finally)


I've gotten a lot of great feedback from the online community about my Flash Jeopardy Review game.  I've even received more than a few requests about upcoming features.  The most common request is the ability to play created games online.  This would be useful in schools where aggressive content filters do not allow the game client to be downloaded.  It would also serve as a way for teachers to allow students to play the review games as a study tool from home.


After a great deal of thought on how to accomplish this functionality, I finally sat down yesterday and coded until I could code no more.  I think users will be happy with the results.

When you create a new Jeopardy game, the confirmation screen will now give you two links: 1 is the link to download the game file to play offline.  This works exactly as it has since the beginning.  However, you are also given a link to click (or cut and paste into your own website).  This link will allow you to play (and/or test) your new game immediately online without the need to download the Jeopardy.exe offline player.

All newly created games are still added to the game library, including a link to play them online.

I have also added a Google Search to allow users to search the game library.

Next Up: The ability to edit previously created games, the ability to embed games in another site.

If you have not yet tried my Jeopardy Review Game, I encourage you to try it.  It is 100% customizable to your content and makes a great review game to prepare for tests and quizzes.  Paired with an LCD Projector and a SmartBoard, it makes a great teaching tool.

If you have other suggestions and or feedback, I encourage you to comment here or email me direct.  I always appreciate hearing how and where my Jeopardy game is being used!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment: