Sunday, November 18, 2007

High Server resource consumption by your account!!

I was informed by my webhost Friday afternoon that my installation of Moodle (the open source CMS that I run my entire classroom website with) was

"consuming a very high percentage of the server resources (processors' time and memory usage), thus endangering the overall performance of all the sites on the server."

Not good.

This happened at 11:00 AM and promptly brought my website to a screeching halt. Naturally, I had a day's worth of activities planned which required my students to be using the website. As students attempted to log in to the class website, they were greeted with a full screen error 503 message.

Extremely Not Good.

This caused the site to be down for the entire day until I could find the time to sit down and disable all logging and stats features for the entire site.

Downright bad.


Definitely a warning about relying on technology too much. When my Moodle site (www.planetkries.com) is working, it works great and the students can do interesting and varied activities with it. When it ceases to work, I am left frustrated and often without a Plan B.

Something to keep in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment: