Monday, March 10, 2008

Green Screen on a Budget...

I may have created the cheapest special effects green screen of all time. We are about to do a project in which my 8th grade students will create Presidential Campaign Commercials (of the "I approve this message" variety). I thought it might be very clever and cool to try to tape in front of a green screen and edit in custom backgrounds for the videos. I did a little online homework and found that Adobe Premiere Elements 2, which I already had from a couple years ago, can do chroma keying. The results ended up being quite impressive, considering the budget. I have posted a sample video at the bottom of this post. Here is a basic shopping list if you want to try to recreate this effect on your own:

  1. Two 3' x 9' pieces of green fabric from Walmart - $15.00
  2. One Digital Camera - $75 (more or less depending on specs)
  3. Adobe Premiere Elements 2 - $20 and up on eBay
  4. Stock Footage - Free on www.freestockfootage.com








2 comments:

  1. I am so very impressed with the information and resources you post on your blog! I am a Speech/Languge Pathologist and am thinking of all sorts of ways I can use this creative process with my students to assist with their communication goals! Keep up the great work!
    (kpasa)
    http://www.kpasa.blogono.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly speaking you may buy camera accessories from amazon, ebay and various other sites.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment: